Granules are obtained by pressing raw materials: sawdust, peat, shavings, straw, cake and others. Most often it is waste from the woodworking industry.
The main stages of the technological process:
- preparation of raw materials (crushing),
- drying/moisturizing up to 10% humidity,
- granulation (pressing) at a temperature of 100-120 degrees, cooling and dust cleaning,
- packing and packing.
Became popular since the late 1990s.
- dimensions (length, diameter),
- heat of combustion, bulk mass,
- ash content of the residue,
- the content of toxic substances (chlorine, sulfur, heavy metals).
- relatively high calorific value (compared to traditional solid fuels),
- a small amount of emitted harmful substances,
- small amount of dry residue (after combustion).
- in the chemical industry and everyday life as a sorbent,
- in installations for smoking meat and fish as a filler.