The project of urban improvement, public and courtyard territories, parks plays an important role in creating a harmonious environment.
The improvement of the urban area can be divided into two directions:
1. The development of the territories of the municipality (construction of roads, utilities, city squares, parks, buildings, etc.). Is determined by the General Plan for the development of the city;
2. Maintenance, repair and operation of existing public facilities.
Landscaping includes a number of measures:
- improvement of sanitary and hygienic conditions of residential development;
- artificial lighting of urban areas;
- equipping urban areas with the necessary equipment;
- transport and engineering services for the population;
- improving the urban environment by landscaping it;
- sanitary cleaning products.
When designing a new territory or reconstructing an old territory, several principles and rules must be taken into account. At present, due attention should be paid to the principles of universality and accessibility of the environment, equality of the environment for all residents of the city. The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities also tells us about this, and is also regulated by regulatory documents such as SP 59.13330.2016 "Accessibility of buildings and structures for low-mobility groups of the population" , etc.
- Equality in use. Yard equipment can be used by all members of the society without exception, regardless of their physical abilities.
- Flexibility in use. Guided by this principle, when designing, it will be possible to make the elements of the equipment convenient for the maximum number of residents.
- Intuitive design. It is not necessary to load it with difficult-to-use equipment when developing a territory improvement project.
- The information should be easily perceived. The necessary information should be conveyed as clearly as possible.
- Safety of landscaping elements. It should be borne in mind that no matter how safe the equipment is, an error can always occur, leading to negative consequences.
- The physical effort should be low. Any elements of landscaping should be as convenient as possible to use without using special physical effort.
- Availability of space. For each type of equipment or element of landscaping of the yard territory, it is necessary to consider whether there is enough space around it